Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Done!

It is a sad, but refreshing thing to be writing my final post of the summer from home. Home as in my real home. In Arkansas. With my wonderful parents and brother :) I'm very very excited to be home and see the fam, but I love Kaleo and could definitely have spent more time there.

Fun things~

We went on a Christmas in July themed D-Group date and it was so fun! The guys did awesome! They built a fireplace with a fire in it (a computer playing a fire screen saver), made hot chocolate for us, did white elephant gift exchange, and even took us caroling after we made cookies!



A lot of us from the project also went on short float down Turkey Creek. It was so so fun.



The day before everyone left we went to this place called Crab Island and it was also a blast!



Greatest things I've learned this summer:
~There is no such thing as sacrifice for God. Anything that we are "sacrificing" to do something for Him isn't a sacrifice. It's what He deserves and what we don't. He doesn't have to use us to spread His Gospel and be in His Kingdom, but He chooses to.

Thank you all so so much for your prayer and monetary support. I am so thankful for all of you and can't imagine what my summer would've been like without you. A super thanks to my parents for being so generous and supportive. They are such a blessing. I love you all and hope to talk to you soon!

Happy end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment