Wednesday, June 9, 2010

See ya States!

I'm hopping on a plane for India in a little more than 24 hours! I'm SO stinkin' excited. Training was great, but really. I want to go.

Here's what I have learned at training: (this is the ultra brief version. I mean, I've been here for almost a full week!)
1. I will most likely be spiritually attacked in India.
2. I will most likely experience culture shock.
3. My teammate and I will most likely experience conflict.
4. I will mess up in India.
5. I will most likely get sick (like food sick, not serious sick) in India. (That was really more from friends, not training. :)
6. I'm still so excited to go, and not really scared even though I probably should be.

Highlights:
~I'm surrounded by awesome people. Really. There's close to 100 young people here going to the nations this summer. PTL!
~I'm learning a lot about myself already while I'm here. That's good/difficult at the same time.
~After talking to some staff, I've decided to redo how I'm doing emailing/blogging this summer. My sweet friend has volunteered to be my editor for the summer. You can send emails to the same address or whatever, but Sarah will now be checking my email/editing anything that can't be sent to me and changing it, so I can read it while I'm gone. So, moral of the story is don't send anything you wouldn't want someone else to read. :)

How you can be lifting me up:
~Closeness with my teammate. She's awesome. I want to continue to be awesome together and love and serve one another.
~I will pick up the language, Hindi, as quickly as possible.
~I will be a blessing to the people I'm around and staying with.
~That my heart will hurt for our Father and His lost children. I want to be burdened with this.
~I want this to be another life-changing summer that draws me nearer to our sweet Father.
~Against everything mentioned about that I said will most likely happen. :)

I love you all so so much! I'll try to keep you updated pretty regularly!

~Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment