Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Sweets


Y'all.....all 26 of you.....sorry I'm a blog failure. Not that I think you're spending all your waking moments waiting on me to blog, I just feel like I should be better at it simply because the few dear ones to me that do read it do genuinely care about what's going on in my life. (And, I especially care about those that are dear to me, but not so near. I can't tell them *ahem-Chelsea* to blog more if I don't.) Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about why I blog. It seems sort of vain and prideful doesn't it? I mean I'm generally talking about me and my life and what I do, and really, it's not that exciting. But, while thinking about that, I also thought about my (Lord-willing) future children. Y'all. I would love love love love to be able to read what my parents did before they even knew I'd be their daughter. So maybe so sweet 22 year old girl (or boy, or hopefully girlS and boyS!) will love  at least get a laugh at reading these very sporadic, random ramblings one day.

So, I've decided I will write something at least once a week by posting a few fun/random/favorite things on Saturday. I shall call it Saturday Sweets...because I love alliteration...and sweets (and obviously ellipses). And also that I can also do it on Sunday and it still be alliterated. :)

Here ya go! Volume 1 Issue 1 of Saturday Sweets. (PS, this whole idea is sort of a mishmash idea that I stole from Sara's  instafriday posts and Lauren's (yes, we're on a first name basis) Friday Favorites posts.

1. I just found out Justin is off Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Christmas Eve. Woo-hoo. Y'all, he works at a hospital. That is not common.

2. I got to Skype with Chelsea, and that is always one of my favorites.

3. My birthday is this week! I LOVE love love love love birthdays. Not just mine. Everyone's. I still need to plan something, but I love an excuse for everyone to get together (and on my birthday that means not playing games I hate playing at other parties.)

4. Y'all this video makes me sad, but the last kids on it are SOOOOO funny. They make all the whiney kids before worth it. Let's be real, that's totally what I would've done.

5. This recipe I got off of Pinterest. Y'all. I luuuuurrrrrvvvvveeee Pinterest (like everyone else in the world) and this soup. (They call it chili). It's so easy and so tasty. I'm making it for our Community Group tomorrow.

 6. Halloween's over. Thank goodness. I'm not such a fan of that holiday, but I do love Thanksgiving and Christmas. Did I tell you our tree was up? It is. :)

Happy Saturday, lovies!

2 comments:

  1. i like this turn of events. yes please to saturday sweets. also, that video made me sad too. :( but those last kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this post. The video (which Hud showed us last night, actually. HILARIOUS.), the Sweets, that I knew who Lauren is and what her Friday Favorites are... hah.
    Love you! Party like it's your bithday!

    ReplyDelete