Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Sweets

So I skipped a week. Already. Oops. Please forgive me. It's been a weirdo week.

Y'all. It was my birthday. If you know me, you know I l.o.v.e. love birthdays. I had a whole thing planned out this year how my birthday was going to be called "CElection Day" because my birthday was on election day! I mean, it's been on an election day before, but I think the presidential election day (let's be honest, the real one) only once (the day I was born - the first George W. I believe). Well, I'd been talking about it forever, since Sarah's birthday actually, but it wasn't until late October our friend Tim gently informed that my bday was not a presidential election day this year. Bumm-er. Seriously. I was so sad. I didn't know what I was going to do (because again, I lovey love birthdays), but I did know Justin was taking me on a surprise date. He does that a lot, so it wasn't super fishy, but y'all I had another surprise party! 3rd one in my life and the second year in a row! Wowie. My friends/fam/hursband are so good to me! Y'all. I was so blessed by it. Check out this video if you haven't yet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=980898749087
Look how decorated our after-party apartment was!


And, here is my surprise party from last year. Awesome right?!

Pretty mail is another one of my faves this week.

 Technically, this wasn't mail. John brought it back from India for my birthday from Chelsea, but I count it as mail. They're already on the desk....that will hopefully have a top soon, so I can show you!

Mail from Chels and my grandma. I got 2 other mails from Sara and Sarah. They both also involved pink. One was a preshy/weird birthday card, and the other was the cutest little birth announcement I've ever seen.

Another super big fave this week is traveling not in the rain. Y'all. Justin and I drove to Cabot from here in a storm, from Cabot to Hot Spring in a storm, and from Hot Springs to Fayetteville in a storm. We're so thankful to drive in normal weather.

Another fun thing this week is that I got to deliver pies for work. Y'all, who doesn't want to be the bearer of a pie? Who's going to be unhappy about getting a pie? No one, that's who. I lovey love my job y'all. Praise the Lord. I almost took (well, did a second interview) with a degree-related, child-centered job, and every single day I am so thankful I didn't. I'm so glad God is bigger than me.

We had family Thanksgiving today, and that was super. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas food. I love the holidays.

Happy Satur-almost-Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment