Friday, October 5, 2012

Spring Breaks - Part 1


In case you missed my Story Keeper rant, here's why I'm telling you about Spring Break from my freshman year of college:

-----
So, I got to thinking. I have a lot of stories that I don't want to forget. Not like, ultra cool, life-altering stories, but they are stories and they are mine. Some are funny. Some are sad. Some taught me something. Some are lovey. Since I don't want to forget my stories, I have decided to compile them here. Maybe it will be like a 50 First Dates kind of thing and someone will read them if they get amnesia or dementia or something. I don't want that to happen, but it's plausible, I guess. Also, maybe my babies or babies' babies will read them. I would l-o-v-e love to read stories from grandmas or mom when they were in their 20s. (If you don't know me, folks, it seems that I have to have a reason to do something. Not just a 'Hey this seems like fun. I'll do it.' reason. Weird. I think I just learned that about myself.) Anyways, #storykeeper, y'all.
-----

Y'all. When I was in college I had Spring. Breaks. Like, good unforgettable random spring breaks. I don't ever want to forget them for a lot of reasons, but one of them being that we did kind of silly, spontaneous things, and they are absolutely some of my favorite times. Here's the first. I'll split 'em up though, because some will be longer.

Freshman Year:
My bestie from high school, Shannon, was engaged (maybe just dating at the time, but I think engaged) to this guy (not 'a' guy, rather her now husband) whose family lived in Tampa, FL. We drove there and stayed with his family for the week. We went to the beach a lot and shopped and I ate a Cuban (sandwich) for the first time. It was great. I don't remember too much else, other than someone thought we were in Jr. High when we were at one of Andrew's cousin's basketball games or something. Cool. A couple pics: (I can't find any more. Hmm.)



No comments:

Post a Comment