Saturday, October 2, 2010

I love Saturday mornings.

If you know me well, or at all, you know that I do NOT love the cold. In fact, I kind of hate it. I do however enjoy the inbetween summer and fall period before it gets really cold. 

Just so you know I'm not a total hater about the weather, here are some things I love about pre-winterchillyweathertime:
  • Hot bevvies
  • Craft. Fairs. (Mom just told me Applefest is this weekend!)
  • Holiday decorations...not really halloween, but fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas
  • Leaves changing colors
  • Being able to wear shorts and long sleeves
  • Using the feet heater

This has been an unusually busy week, so I was really excited for a weekend with the girls thrifting, yard selling (saling?), and just hanging out. 

Even better, I got a bonus--usually Thursdays are my least favorite day. I have stuff from 8am-10pm, so they just aren't fun. This Thursday however, staff meeting got canceled, and someone was working my desk shift for me, so I was free at 2pm! Wooooo! Sure, I could've been productive and done a lot of things that "needed" to be done, but guess what I did instead?

I along with my friends Rachel, Kelly, and Kelsey went to Mama Z's in Tontitown for dinner and then we drove to Siloam Springs to go to Barnett's and get shakes. I'd never been to Barnett's, but I am now a fan. The peanut butter fudge shake=best.  

The thrifting, saling, and hanging out was wonderful as well. We had a few good finds as well as a few funny ones. Bunny statue collections at an "estate sale" for example. (It was a lammmeeee excuse for an estate sale.)

On a totally different, but still very autumny note I'm currently loving banjo-y music. Autumn is a bluegrassy season. Here are some faves:

Weepies 
Alison
Perry
Civs 

Lovelovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment