Saturday, October 16, 2010

What's making up my life now


It's halfway through the first semester of my senior year, and I'm so excited. Don't get me wrong, I love college, but I do not enjoy the student part. Lame, I know. I feel super blessed to get an education and all that, but after 16 years of school, I'm a little over it. Anyways, this is what's taking up my time and thoughts this week :)
  1. Why do we have some of the interactions that we do? Like, is there a divine purpose for them? I don't see it, but there probably is.
    1. Example a. Small talk with people you hardly know, but still see or used to know but haven't seen in forever. Generally awkward. 
    2. Example b. Walking to Humphreys with some of the girls I was talking about how I felt like a bum (I decided to adorn myself with athletic shorts, a pullover, and no makeup that day), but that I didn't want to really change or dress up for StuMo that night. Kels told me that I could totally fix my outfit by putting on jeans and a headband or bow. This boy that was walking behind us walked passed us, turned around and looked at me, and then goes, "Yea. I could see that." What?! Who are you, sir? I don't even know you! I laughed and said thanks then I felt bad because he darted off. My outburst of laughter may have made him feel awkward. Oops. Really though, what was the purpose of that interaction? I'll probably never know, but it was funny. 
  2. For the second time in my college career the fire alarm went off when I was showering. True story: I was showering. I thought I heard something, but I figured someone was messing with my door. Then it got louder. Then I heard a voice. Not just any voice. The voice that says, "Attention. An emergency has been declared. Please evacuate the building. Do not use the elevators. I repeat, do not use the elevators." Awesome. I got dressed and headed downstairs where 350ish people were standing outside in the cold. One thing I've noticed in my 3 years of on campus living: girls almost always get dressed if they were in the shower when the alarm goes off. (I've never seen a girl in a towel, but I'm sure it happens, that's why I say almost always.) Boys on the other hand come down in a towel or robe or boxers (because the extra 5 seconds for pants is too long I guess.) Seriously. Every. Single. Time. I've seen multiple boys like this each time there's been a fire alarm from my freshman year til now. I don't get it. 
  3. I was meeting with the woman who disciples me this week, and we were talking about what I'm going to do when I graduate. That seems to be the question of the year. Here's the thing though; I don't have the slightest idea what that answer is. That excites me. I think that stresses a lot of people out, but I think it's really cool that I could be doing almost anything 8 months from now. Anyways, she challenged me to make a list of anything and everything I would potentially want to do when I graduate. I love lists, and I love dreaming, so I'm really excited about it. This is what I have so far, but feel free to suggest something. I'm obviously pretty open. :) 

    Anyways, I'm now getting frustrated with my inability to use pictures how I want or complete my list, so I'm done. :) Have a great weekend, y'all!

    Lovelovelove

    1 comment:

    1. I feel like (surely) there are more things you could add to the list... it seems like it'd be endless! But nothing is coming to mind now... Hmmm...
      Well, you're awesome. I miss (even) your handwriting. :) Glad you're blogging again!

      Oh, and the firedrill thing - tell me about it.

      ReplyDelete