Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Scurvy and Ramen

So, last night Justin and I went to Walmart to get necessities (contact solution, vitamins, peanut m&m's, and 2 church candles) for the snowpocalypse (PartDeux). We were waiting in line, and Justin asked if I needed any food or anything. I said, no that I still had Ramen from the last snow. He told me I was going to get scurvy. One of his friends apparently got scurvy from eating only Ramen and drinking Mountain Dew. He told me my teeth were going to fall out. As he was saying this, I was trying to figure out how to tell him that the lady in front of us was looking/listening, and she had only 2 teeth. She could see me though, so I couldn't do anything.

She then told us that she lost her teeth from a little grey pill that looked like cement that she took for kidney stones, not from scurvy. Well, she thought it was from the little grey pill at least. She turned back around, and Justin just looked at me. We tried to not look at each other to contain our laughter at the irony of the situation. I made a comment about all the crackers by the checkout.

She continued to talk to us a little bit. Justin just made funny faces as if he were trying not to laugh.

Moral to the story: Don't talk about scurvy in public. You might unknowingly be standing behind a toothless person.

The end. 

2 comments:

  1. Frist time I read your blog. If it is all about funny awkward moments, I am gonna have to read it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha... oooooh, my goodness...

    ReplyDelete