Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thoughtlessness, moving, and a Christmas party


Y'all, let me preface this with I'm not fishing for compliments with what I'm about to say. Please don't think I am.

Anyways....One thing I've had to come to terms with about myself is that I don't have the gift of thoughtfulness. I wish I did, y'all. I think I always thought I had it, but I'm not so sure. I'm actually pretty sure I don't. I'm also kind of ok with it. While it's a bummer, I'm glad I at least know, so I can work on it. Don't know what I mean? Here are some examples:
My friends/fam/husband are so good at birthdays and gifts. Justin swears he got me the best Christmas presents ever this year. (I don't have his or anyone else's gift and won't for a couple weeks). Chelsea is so great writing me letters, and she's the one in India. My sweet girlies always get me something I love or have mentioned for my bday and for everyone elses, and I'm lucky if I remember the day of much less the week of their birthdays. It's not like I think of stuff and don't do it, I simply don't just think it. I have to put a LOT of thought into stuff like that. Gift giving - also not my strong suit. That's it. Just a revelation I thought I'd let y'all know.

In other news, we're moving in 20 days! Just down the road...literally about 200 yards. Our current apartment has other creatures living in it, and I just can't deal with it. We're breaking our lease and moving on. (Thank you Jesus that we found a place that would give us the first month free). That makes me think that I've never shown pictures of our first home on here. Here are a festive few.





Sorry I didn't clean off the table from the party...

 Our tiny, but useful kitchen. Not much to see other than the pot rack. 

Our tiny but useful bathroom. 
I love our shower curtain, and it's called Jaipur. Bonus. 

This is us with John, Justin's bestie and our current roommate. He's on furlough from India and is staying with us while he's in Fayetteville. (Yep, we both have besties in India). 

On another Christmasy note, we had a Christmas party here last night! We went to the Square (which was lovely) and took pictures then came here and ate, hung out, and played games. Y'all there was at least 46 people in our apartment at one time. Yea. Wow. Didn't know that was possible. It was great though! People made and brought delicious snacks and dressed festively. It was so great. Here are a few photos from that. 

With sweet, Sarah. Love love love her. 

It was our (Rachel left - Natalie right) 3 year friendiversary! 3 years ago when these girls were wee little freshmen (they're seniors now!) they came over to my apartment and we went to the square to take pictures. (Nat brought Rach. That was when we met.) I have had the privilege of discipling these girls and being their friend for 3 years now. Words can't express how dear they are to me. 

Y'all. Last time Jusitn and I took pictures on the Square it was for our save the dates. Now we've been married for 6 months. Wait, what?!? Who am I?! Happy, that's who. 

This is Sarah and Jason (and Josh pretending he's not in the picture even though he knows he is, and Tim really thinking he's not in the pic). They're sibs. Sarah's my bro's age (and they're friends) and Jason's my age and we have worked together for the past year and half or so. He actually played a part in getting me my current job. I like you Biggs (how do I make that plural?)

No comments:

Post a Comment