Thursday, July 7, 2011

She's done!

You probably don't know who 'she' is yet, but I'll fill you in.
She was at my wedding.
She stood behind me the whole time.
She watched us take communion.
She gazed at us from afar during the reception.
She's the door from the wedding. Sorry, that was probably a let down.
In case you forgot, here She is right after I snagged her from Fayetteville Trading Post.
Here can see her standing tall in all her glory.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=858566773347&set=t.1029750082&type=1&theater

I love her and knew I wouldn't want to get rid of her after the wedding, so long before I prepped Justin with the idea that we would use her in our house or make something out of her.


 We stripped the paint off like 5 million times and this (down) is what she looked like.
 We bought some legs from Lowe's and stuck them on, and then we painted after much deliberation over color. Some of you are probably gasping that I'd paint over that because I know it does look distressed and cool, and it is, but those new legs didn't match at all.
Here she is now, finished!
Isn't she cute!?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! I just told Brad that we are selling our current coffee table & making one like yours. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete