Monday, January 31, 2011

My little Patalie

I promised some talk of my girls, so here's part 1 of ?.

I'll start with Natalie because her birthday was a couple of days ago.
I have been meeting with Natalie for a little over a year and a half now. She just turned 21 a couple days ago. She's. A. Stud.



We first became friend her freshman and my sophomore year. We don't actually remember how we met, but we did, and I'm so thankful for that. I had a Christmas party one night at my apartment and she (and Rachel, another lovely lady who you'll get to know later) both came.
This is us that night. She's the beauty to my right your left. 

We hung out for the rest of the school year and she, along with Rachel and Brittany, was in my D-group at Kaleo. That summer was amazing. I grew a ton, and I got to watch them grow a ton. It was such a blessing to be called their leader. 

This was the night the girls (from left to right Rachel, Natalie, Brittany) got there. I started the summer by loading them up in my car and stating that my car smelled funny. Ha. So sweet of me, I know. It helped break the awkward real quick though. 
 
Anyways, I got to watch Nat grow so so much that summer.After living in the International dorm on campus last year and trying her best to share Jesus there, she lives in the freshmen all-girls dorm on campus. She's leading a Bible study there and meeting with her own girls regularly. When I say her own girls, I mean the girls that were in her D-group last summer (as well as a few new ones!). She's also an RA. She's also in nursing school. She's also going to India this summer. Yep. She's incredible. 
 
Nat is a blessing that I somehow get to call my spiritual daughter, and man does that make me excited. I'm one proud mama. She loves her Lord so much, and it is evident in the way she lives and loves others. She is teachable and asks good questions and you better believe that this girl is a servant. Even more than that she is a quiet servant. She does things because she loves people, but more importantly because she loves Jesus. If you talk Natalie, you will find that she is kind and genuine and warm in a way that can't be taught. She is humble and not afraid to ask for help and that is challenging and refreshing.

I adore her. I'm proud of her. I pray that I can be more like her.

Guard your hearts, boys.




No comments:

Post a Comment